Wednesday, October 15, 2008

October 3, 2008

So if anyone knows me, they know I have an obsession with playing with cards. Especially Pounce! Luckily my roommates like playing cards as well. I must say though that I am the all time star at this game. Melissa already knew how to play it and we taught Britta. It was quite entertaining. We started out playing in our kitchen, but we decided it was getting too hot inside so we decided to go out side and lay a blanket down in between our two buildings.... oh and we couldn't forget our computer to play music on so we could jam out to it.  With in 2 min we had people surrounding us looking over our shoulders at us playing this game. Then a mans voice said, "Can I join" this would be Tom, our new friend. He spoke pretty good English but he was very awkward, you could tell he was very intimidated or embarrassed one of the two. He just kept saying that his English was not good. 
When we were trying to teach him we all decided to go slow.... very slow, but it just so happened to be that my hands were shuffling through my cards really fast. I didn't realize until Britta said,"Court you really know how to go slow for BEGINNERS." It was really funny, but I think you kind of had to be there to laugh. Oh how we love Tom, I have a feeling he will be around for a while, seeming that he does live on the 6th floor of our apartment complex! 

6 comments:

sophie said...

ha ha oh i miss you giving directions to people and there were always so confused! hahaha! that is why i love you! please take a picture of this tom kid! i must see him!!

Schiffgen said...

I love the story!! I can't wait to see a pic of Tom!!
I hope you are feeling better. Newport is so fun i wish you were here...

Elizabeth said...

Your shuffling is deceiving! ...Because you slap your cards one after another it is much louder than normal shufflers and seems crazy fast. I can't wait to pounce with you when you get back. It is not Taylor's favorite card game...

Unknown said...

Courtney!!!! It's Austin, I saw your link on Nicole and Scott's website and it looks like you're having so much fun!! I thought I might say hi. Your blog is way fun, and those kids are so cute! You look so old to me though, you are so gorgeous and I love you so much! I am jealous of this great experiance that you are having. Well I hope all is swell, and you're having a good time. My mom says hi too! I send my love.
- Austin

Court said...

Aust! It's been forever, thanks so much for checkin out my blog, i miss you and your family so much. I will for sure come by when i come home. Tell everyone hello. love you too!!! Ha ha i still feel like i look like a little girl! ha!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.