Wednesday, October 15, 2008

October 4, 2008 Monkey Mountain, Ocean side, Lugong

I'm off to a great start... like always! 
Take a deep breath before you read this blog post... 
The family village
Kitty and I


I just really like this picture. 
Another picture of the so called "Polygamy" village.  Just kidding. 
Here comes the Monkeys! 
This would be the Mr. show off your wee wee. 


This is just an entertainment picture that I just couldn't resist taking.
Oh can he do the splits.... yes he can. 
Mama and the babino. 
This is when they went crazy on who could be first to the fruit. 


Love the pose. 
Kitty could be a monkey but she would rather be a kitty. PS. this is a side note- in reality Kitty is completely afraid of dogs. Its rather quite funny. 
Come kiss me baby... My favorite picture. 
Wooga Wooga...

I wanted to see how close I could get, every time I got closer he would hiss at me with his fangs. It was a little intimidating. 
Just look at the pink face and the eyes! 

Feeding the babies. 

I loved watching this family, they were doing some pretty funny things. 

I was all about the pictures, my roommates took pictures of me rather then the monkeys cause they thought it was so funny how giddy I was. 
ha ha ha
Reaching for the stars... I mean monkey! 
Whose cuter?
I think I'm just a tad bit cuter. 
Flying, this took Melissa awhile to capture. 
So lonely. 
He was missing an eye, it was kinda sad. 
The top of the temple on the top of the hill. 
We were completely doggin it, it was such a steep hike. Wow! 
Finally we made it to the top. 
I loved these leaves, George thought I was going to get poisoned by them, he insisted that I immediately drop it and wash my hands. 

Drinking our Super Supau's. 
They were remodeling the temple. 
The tiger bit me... but can you see the cat? It took me a while too, don't worry. 
loved the facial expressions! 
I'm not quite sure what this animal is. 

Add ImageThe second temple we went to on our way to the ocean. 

George was feeling a little sick, he was sweating like there was no tomorrow. 
Cat fight. 
The Ocean


Lugong. We went to the Ripley's store. and there was a diseased farrot. Poor thing. 
The flying fosset.
Its like a dream, this is what Taiwan looks like night and day, lights, cars, scooters everywhere! 
The roof of the temple. 
The historic village. 

Back in the day there lived a very rich family, they had this well in front of their house that they would fill up with water so the people of the neighborhood could use it. 
Today was crazy long, but so much fun. We went on another one of our little escapades with George and Kitty today. We have been wanting to go to monkey mountain forever! And we knew exactly just who to call. And sure enough George was at our apartment at 10:30 in the morning. Rise and shine is right! That may not seem to early to you but to all of us that is early because are weeks are so long and exhausting, dont get me wrong though I love my job over here! And time is clicking away. 
We have come to conclude that our days with George are not your typical go on a little hike adn come home a couple hours later. yeah... they turn out to be a whole days worth of activities. First we go to a community place that George simply loves to tell us about. This family has lived in this place for years. Its a big place, if it were in Utah and a whole entire family lives there it would be considered polygamy. But No they are not polygamist. According to George its just a mom and dad and their children who grows up and they have children and that tree of life just keeps on expanding from there. Its a quite interesting place I must say. 
After Kitty is "starvin like Marvin" man so we went to McDonalds for lunch. Im not gonna lie, I have never been a huge fan of McDonalds, but it is sure grown on me, I will have you know. Im loving the place. Its just so yummy, maybe probably because its the closest thing to American food. And its just so tatsy! And of course George bought us whatever we wanted, I felt so bad, he spends a fortune on us each time but he will not except our money for whatever odd reason it may be. 
Now our adventure begins. I am just thrilled to see monkeys. "wooga wooga" -that there my friends is the sound of the loud lovin monkey's! So we are walking and right before our heads was a monkey just kickin back, chillin in the tree like there is no worries in his world. Which is true, he is just a monkey after all. And why I am referring to him as a "he" is because he was not ashamed to show us his little "wee wee" as my mother would say. Yeah it definitely was not the most flattering thing. But "he" did not even care. He was all about showing off his business. ok anyways. We are walking still and right before our eyes were monkeys everywhere just doing there thing which is picking at each others fur.  And there were baby monkeys everywhere, most of them were clinging to their mother. It was the cutest thing. All of a sudden the monkeys went from being so calm to being overly enthused! They all took off running up the road, so we ran with them. We saw a man just throwing bananas and other kinds of fruit at these monkeys. It was wild. They were like not even a foot away from us. The guy was telling me that there are over 300 monkeys on the mountain. And I was  sure to believe it. There were so many, it was unbelievable. I was going photo happy on the monks. After a good hour we kept on hiking to the top of the mount which lies a temple and a small village. There was a little parade that was going on when we got to the top-which does not surprise me. They are all about parades and throwing money into the fire thing. George was so kind and treated us to our favorite drink Super Supau's and a sick wiener dog on a sick. I non chalantly gave mine to Kitty and Britta and Mel used the "I need to go to the bathroom" excuse to throw away the hot dogs. 
After we hiked back down the mountain and George then took us to the ocean. He and everyone else knows how much i love the ocean. Lets just say it was more of a pretty site then seeing a nice pool of crystalized water. It was fun seeing the beach side of our town. 
After that we went to Lugong. It was such a fascinating place. Its the only place that has an old historical village. It was really cool. Then we found the lantern place. This guy makes all different kinds of lanterns and he is well known around the world. I am for sure going to get one before I come home. If any of you guys want one, give me a heads up. The night life, is awesome. There are stores and lights everywhere.  It was such a fun day and night! Thanks to George we went to 4 different places in one day. It was so much fun! 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This monkey experience looks much better than the one you had in Roatan : ) I wish I could add that picture to this comment because I laugh SO hard every time I see it! Anyway, it looks like another AWESOME adventure!!