Sunday, November 16, 2008

November 12, 2008 The headless Chicken



So Joshua comes to school today with one of those mask that you wear when you're sick. All the teachers kept asking him if he was sick, but he never really answered. Knowing Joshua, I think he wanted to wear it just to wear it. He is adorable, and I enjoy what facial expression he is going to pull in every picture that I take of him. ha! So Rowland taught Yoyo something, and it absolutely drives me nuts. They get their token bag and spin it around like a helicopter. I know this may seem silly but when tokens start flying across the room and hitting the kids, that is when it gets way to out of hand. And its their new addiction, they always have to do it now... oh well, there kids right. But it will come to an end, it must, must, must! 

Jimmy, Joshua, Yoyo, Thomas



































So my good friend Steve sent me some propel that you just instantly poor into water and Wa la it taste like fruit water. My kids love, absolutely love to get the package from me each day and eat the remaining sugar from it. Today's lucky person to get it was Cindy! She was sucking the life out of the wrapper!  Also on the bottom right hand, the picture with YoYo and Rowland fighting... well see Rowland has this problem where he fights with him self and he makes the weirdest noises ever. But don't worry I got it on video because pictures don't do justice! So I kept asking YoYo what he was doing and he said he didn't know, and then all of a sudden YoYo jumped in on the action and started playing with Rowland. I still think he was a little confused as of how weird Rowland and his noises and especially his moves are. He flings from one wall to the other and his arm is the sword. I love watching it each and everyday! ha ha
































Laying on the floor is - Rowland, YoYo, Jimmy, Cindy, Joshua, and Thomas. (left to right)
Apparently they didn't want to line up they just wanted to lay down and rest their bodies. And I.. I just stared at them and laughed! Im such a good teacher sometimes 








































Betty, Frank, Jerry, Duncan, Andy, and I had milk chocolate for kitchen, after we played Pictionary  than it was time to switch classes. They are a very well behaved class, minus the fact that Jerry blew his nose and said, "Teacher, Teacher look." So I looked and I don't think I have seen so much green snot in my life, it took me everything not to gag. It was freaking gross! Sick! 

Each day I get 3 different groups of kids- F.Y.I                                            

                                                                                Eric and his SpOnGe BoB!











Today was wild as usual! In art we had to color turkeys. And William, ADHD boy decided that when he was done coloring he would go through all the cupboards and  rummage through everything. Before I knew it he was covered in feathers. I was chasing him around the room to tell him to sit down. I felt like I was chasing a headless chicken. The kids were all laughing and screaming. It may sound funny but it was quite frustrating especially because that was the one hundredth time I had told him to SIT DOWN! I finally gave up and got my camera and started taking pictures of him. Eventually, I did start to calm the youngen down and I got him to sit down. After art, we headed to drama. The kids were all pretty good except for William again. I had to constantly tell him to listen. And later I had come to find out that William's mom was watching me the whole time from the window of the door... mmmm... I don't know how I felt about that just because I'm sure I was just getting mad at him the entire time. After reading the story about our faces we all played the staring game, it was quite entertaining. I think each kid beat me every time, I suck at staring. Megan was doing flips and we made a choo choo train. At last the kids counted their tokens. Annie was being a little pill today, she would only let me give her yellow tokens. It was getting very annoying but I just had to keep telling myself, "Patience Courtney.. Patience." 

William the CRAZY ADHD TURKEY!











































































After school I went to go get my "uniform" shirt and jacket. All the kids here in Taiwan have to wear uniforms to school and we wanted to get some of our own to take back home to America so we can be and look cool and have something that will forever and always remind us of Taiwan. On the back of my orange and blue zip up jacket I got some embroidery on it which was in Chinese and it says, Marlyand school American language. I love it! I got so many looks out on the streets and so many people smiling and waving at me. It was great! This is just the receipt for my jacket to go pick it up. 

1 comment:

Ryan said...

Court! I couldn't sleep at all tonight (lotsa stuff with school and whatnot running through my head...not to mention a little baby girl who needs her aunt Court to come change her diaper and feed her in the middle of the night!).... and anyway, your blog provided me some much needed entertainment as usual!
I'm so glad that you got this adventure... you're doing amazing over there...I'm so jealous of you :) Live it up every moment...cause it'll be over before you know it.
We miss you tons... love ya :)