Tuesday, November 4, 2008

October 31, 2008 Happy Halloween in Tiawaneen!

Today is Halloween! This was the best Halloween yet. It was seriously the longest day but the best day. We woke up at 9 and had absolutely nothing planned. We did an amazing job for the amount of time that we were given. Our haunted house was the bomb.com. Even though we did make like 5-10 kids cry. They almost peed their pants. It was sad, and it was even more sad because I was doing most of the scarring. Well kind of, Darren looked pretty freaky and he had the most disturbing scary noises playing while he was pretending to chop off our secretary's leg. The best part was Penny (the secretary) with her little voice would say "help me" But it sounded so scary and lonely. Apparently from what I heard all the kids were scared of Penny. My room was first when they entered the haunted house. They would have to duck down and go through a cave, then at the end of the cave they would have to put their hands through holes and fill Eyeballs (grapes), brains (sticky noodles), and bugs (plastic bugs :), it creeped them out then they would enter the room with Britta heckling and me shaking out of control and scarring them with Albert hiding in a desk and grabbing the kids legs as they would run by. Then they would have to duck again and go into room #2. There was a T.V. going (like the ring) all staticy and such with a mirror at the end of the walk way then they would walk into the room with Dr. Darren (the old scary man mask) and Penny with her chopped off bloody knee. 
I must say it was pretty intense! But awesome! 

Before the haunted house though we did have an opening where the mummy presented herself with the awards with who had the most original, silliest, craziest, prettiest, etc. costumes. It was exciting to hand these out. We had some pretty clever costumes. Check out my Facebook to see a lot more pictures from Halloween! :)

After, the kids went trick-or-treating, played games and did some face painting. I will never forget this Halloween...especially with me being the mummy! 

A hard day of work as being a mummy, the kids ripped me up into threads... 
Devil Melissa and Minnie. 
Sweet pic Jimmy choo! 
still crying after the haunted house! ha ha ha ha 
Ring toss
Ethan

Joe the pumpkin. 
Little kitty has hurt her wittle eye. 
Musical chairs. 
The afternoon classes lining up getting ready to go in the spooky, creepy Haunted house. 
Goin' fishin' We had killer prizes. 
The two love birds.... we always tell Cindy she can do better, she just sits there and smiles at us everytime... its funny! There are better fish in the sea. 
Annie and Megs
Joshua pulls the best facial expressions if you haven't already noticed, just look at all my pictures of him. He is a hoot. 
The kiddies. 
There were two rooms that made up the haunted house this was one of them. It was way cooler when it was all dark and we had the really scary music playing and the creepy lights. 
Entering the room with the Dr. chopping off the innocent girls leg.
This was a straight up scared face.
Please just picture me with my body moving up and down really fast and my arms shaking back and forth with the rumbling of the desk. It was pretty creepy I must say. 
Enter if you dare.
Jimmy was so scared of me, I felt kind of bad, he had no were to run. 
Evil witch!
Boo!!!! The kids went crazy when I walked into the gym!
I had to get touched up before the haunted house from all the kids pulling on me... 
I got my little Albert. 

ta da! I am a real Mummy! 
The wrapping gets tighter and tighter each time. 
Amy knows all about the mummification and all, so she put her hands and mind to great use. 
Penny with her leg shopped off my Dr. Darren, the kids were terrified. 
Ethan, he had the coolest spider made out of that piper stuff sewed onto the back of his shirt. 
I think everyone needs to get familiar with William. All of the teachers have a hard time teaching this kid. He is nothing but wild... seriously and this is no exageration. Every two seconds you have to say "William sit down... WILLIAM SIT DOWN!" ... and now this explains why he is the way he is, he just got diagnosed with ADHD! Wow he is such a challenge but its getting better day by day. 
All the night classes.
Yes he has the whole afro going on... 
How cool is this?
Ella and Minnie
My little miss Annie. 
Billy trying to act all tuff. 
Jocelyn and joshhhhuuua!
Jocelyn

Show us what you got Cindy! 
They truly love each other, everyday we have to separate them two. Its so funny to watch little kids fall in love and how happy they are ha ha! 
Cindy the mime. 
Jimmy a CAT! Meeooow

My favorite, Albert, he was my little side kick the entire day. 
Britta's Rest in Peace grave stone...
Playing musical chairs with some awesome Halloween music. 
Jazmine getting her face painted. 
Goin fishin' 
"Ei ei sir, I am, I am a pirate" Says, Eric
Amy is such an artist. 

2 comments:

badonkatonks said...

Court!! So I've been reading your blog and then I remembered, I don't think I've ever left a comment.. Ahh I'm such a creeper ha. But I love your posts and all your little students are so adorable! Anywho, hope you're doing well. When are you coming home? It looks like you're having so much fun. I'm jealous. Alright bye bye.

sophie said...

gosh you look like you had the best halloween ever! im glad you are having so much fun courty! trust me its pretty boring back home :) live it up babe!