Friday, November 14, 2008

October 15, 2008 "Chopsticks"

So today was another day that I was sick. Lucky for us the doctors office is just right across from our school. And what is even more better is that you can be in and out of the doctors in only 15 minutes. How convenient is that? So I went to the doctors and got some medications for only 3 dollars. I hate being sick over here in Taiwan. It is not the funniest thing.
Anyways the night before we all went to dinner with our new friend Tom and all of the roommies and secretaries. I got sick and had to leave early, but from what I heard I didn't miss out on much. I heard it was kind of awkward. However, Tom did end up paying for all 8 of us. It was pretty nice of him. 
So today Britta and I were sitting and eating lunch with the kids and Jane. And I signaled to Jane to have her come over to me. I held up my chopsticks and asked her what they were in English. She kind of had a hard time remember, so I gave her a hint and she knew what they were called. The funny thing is , is that she can't really pronounce it. She has such an underbite that it is hard for her to say some or a lot of things. So while she was saying it, her tooth came out, she was seriously trying so hard to say it. She felt so embarrassed that she picked up her tooth and walked out. Ha ha it was kind of funny I have to admit. It just kind of sucked because Britta was sitting right next to me and missed the whole incident. It took me everything not to laugh. Jane is such a sweet lady and hilarious. 

2 comments:

Aly said...

Courtney this is Aly..Liz's sister! I loved looking at your blog. Looks like you are having so much fun. How cool is your life?? If you are feeling bad that I looked at yours and you can't look at mine..email me at alyberrett(at)hotmail(dot)com and give me your blogger email. Thanks dude!! You are darling.

sophie said...

hahahaha! how funny! oh wow i dont know if i would have been able to hold in a laugh. ha and im surprised you did!