Saturday, November 15, 2008

November 7-9 Kenting

So after school on Friday we had to book it to the train station to catch our train that was leaving in approximately 20 minutes. It was wild getting down to the train station. I mean it always is, Taiwan's streets are just straight up wild as it is. We had to take a 2.5 hour train ride to kaichuang and then another 3 hour bus ride to Kenting. We arrived in Kenting around 12:30, our bus driver just dropped us off at this random stop, we told him we needed to go to the police station and instead we ended up at a hotel full of ducks (they were fake). It was kinda weird. But the man at the front desk helped us figure out were we needed to go. 
Long story short, we were suppose to go to the police station so they could call the guards at the place that we were staying to let us in. And instead this hotel guy called the guards and notified them that we were on our way. We walked out of the hotel walked for literally 2 minutes and then right before us was a guy honking his horn telling us to get in... and yes we just hopped in. I guess he was the guard for the place that we were staying at.  We came to find out that we were staying at a hostel that was in a livestock research institute! It was by far the most random thing. The hostel was just what I had expected, I wish hoping it would have been a little nicer, but it wasn't.
 
On Saturday we woke up to a cloudy day, but luckily it hadn't been raining, well not yet at least. We rented some scooters and made our way straight to the nice sandy beach. We did make a couple of stops before, I got my first cute jade bracelet for $5. I like it, its better then spending $1000 on one. When we got to the beach it was everything that I had imagined... but ..... then it started to rain! NOOOOOOO we were so so sad and mad. Of course we didn't want to get in the ocean, be all wet and cold and have to ride our scooters to the next destination. So we sat underneath a little hut for like 30 minutes, hoping it would blow over. But that was a definite negative. It started raining harder and harder. So we decided we would spend the rest of the day at the aquarium. It was so much fun, even though we only had an hour in a half to go through the entire museum. We saw so many fish and went through so many water tunnels it was a lot of fun. 

We got done at 6:00 and it was pitch black outside. We then went back to our hostel took a nice warm shower and got out of our soaking we clothes. (p.s. we didn't have a poncho the entire day, we were soaked from head to toe.) After we took a stroll down to the main streets of Kenting. It was hopping! There were so many shops, restaurants, and people especially foreigners. We heard about a mexican restaurant that actually sold authentic mexican food. We saw this one place that looked really busy and had a mexican menu. So we gave it a shot. I got a cheese quesadia. It was okay, it wasn't anything amazing, and by no means I don't think it was really that authentic. But it hit the spot and I was satisfied. I was even more satisfied when a man went outside on a stage and started pulling out these weird dance moves. They were the most hilarious moves I have ever seen. He was like spiderman or something.... oh and then off his shirt went, but we was trying to be all sexy, yeah it wasn't really working for him and not to mention his body wasn't all that nice. But it was very entertaining. After dinner we just went shopping. I didn't really find anything that I wanted. I wanted to get some Havianas but they were very expensive, so it was a no go. Then we ran into this peruvian that was working at this bracelet shop. Britta and Melissa are both fluent in Spanish and were having a full on conversation with this guy. Then he saw me, he grabbed my hand and was kissing it for a very long time. It was creeping me out, then he was just telling me how beautiful I was and how pretty my blue eyes were and my smile. I finally got my hand out of there and was kicking Melissa to go. But they kept on talking and talking and finally at once we were leaving. He grabbed Britta's hand and kissed it, then Melissa and luckily for me I got out of there until I heard him say... "Oh where are you going miss?" He grabbed my hand, kissed it like 5 times and was almost licking it, and then I said, "Ok bye!" and looked behind me, Britta and Melissa had left me with him. He was completely pervin a dish. So now I have a "Peruvian Boyfriend" He did ask if we wanted to come back later and hang out with him and his other roommates. But Britta told him we had other plans. Thank goodness! 

The next day we woke up with our fingers crossed hoping the storm had passed by. Unfortunately, it was raining outside. We went down to the good ol' Seven Eleven and purchased some ponchos. We started blending in with the Asians. :) ha! Anyways we were on our way to the surfing beach. We got half way there and we all couldn't take it anymore. The wind was so strong and the rain hurt really bad. Britta was Melissa's protector but seeming that I was the only one on my scooter it was just me and no protector. We were all very crestfallen we couldn't make it to the beach and even more so it was raining. 

I guess you can't always have your cake and eat it to! Our luck is starting to run out! Oh well... maybe next time! 


The view from our hostel. So green and beautiful, but rainy. 

My bed is on the left, and Melissa and Britta's is on the left. My blanket seriously weighed like 10 pounds. So heavy! 
A moment that needed to be captured. 
Our first stop. 




At our first stop there was seriously no one there, and then we started walking back to our scooters and there were thousand of teenage Asians in there yellow ponchos. It was kinda funny actually. It's like a swarm of bees that always travel together. 
We went to the bathroom and when we came out this was the line. Unbelievable. 
The nicest beach in Taiwan, the first sand beach that we came across in Taiwan. I just wish it wasn't raining. I was looking so forward to surfing, reading a book, snorkeling, and swimming in the beautiful warm ocean. But we didn't get to do any of that. I was so disappointed. 
Say cheese. 

Melissa had a sweet water camera that we had fun with. 


The beautiful picture of the ocean on a nice sunny day. :(
I had to get a picture of this. This is exactly how chinese people dress. I guess someone out of this universe needs to think outside of the box! Mmmm... Chinese people win the award for this, most definitely! 
National Museum of Marine Biology and Aquarium 
My nan pengyo, he is so hot and so gigantic. 





kissy kiss
The little water park that we played in, he he he. 




Pirate world! 
Yo ho Yo ho a pirates life for me. Just ask Jack attack to sing this for you! She is a professional!

These were the coolest little eels I had ever seen. They are planted into the ground and eat whatever is floating in the water. They move up and down and apparently around eachother.




I'm getting ready to go swim with the sting rays. 
Taiwan's largest underground water tunnel. 
No flashing, please>thats what the sign says!
You can kind of see the water tube. 
Watching a 3D aquarium full of just fish, Britta sneakily captured this picture of me. I was so caught up in the moment, I thought I was going to get eaten alive!  
Amazing
These fish look so peaceful.


These eels look deadly. 
The coolest longest shark I have ever seen with her little babies following underneath her wing. 

The diver feeding the fish. 


Mr. Happy sting ray. 
White Jellyfish
Pink jelly fish
Coy fish
Penguin city! I felt so incredibly bad for these little guys. They were so loud and screaming for help. I know it! They all just look like they are miserable. 

My favorite kind of penguin. 

We went to this so called mexican place and we ordered chips and salsa and they came out with Doritos and fairly good salsa. 
This would be my Peruvian boyfriend. 
These are all flip flops jammed into this car. 

And again, gotta love the Asians
I was struggeling on the scooter it was pouring rain and I was following Melissa and Britta. The wind was so strong that I almost got blown over and might I just add that my helmut did fly off my head. 


We put on some sexy dragon "Tats" for the beach, too bad I didn't get to show them off! 
The name of the place our hostel was in. 
Southern most point of Taiwan! -put that on our check list! 
Britta and I walking on the path to the most southern point. I was sliding all over the place because it was so wet, I nearly broke my neck like ten times. It was intense. 
The view from the southern most point. 

Right before we left Kenting and it was still pouring rain! 
Melissa and Britta saw their adorable students in Kenting, Its a small world over here in Asia too! 

It was so cold on the train that I whipped out my pants and used the legs as arm warmers. Hey it worked and it was quite cozy. 
And this was our trip to KENTING BEACH, located on the very South part of Taiwan! 

No comments: