Sunday, August 10, 2008

Day 3, Friday August 1

     First Meal
  
      
    Baby catchin' some fish

Prizes
                                             Britta, Me, Amy, and Darren 

The flower drink

                      


Go Amy, You can do it!


Yes! One more  day of following the other teachers, so I wasn't quite on my own yet. I was still a little nervous because there was so much information given to me in the first two days I was there, and I most certainly have never taught in my life. I met my older classes I will be teaching kindergartners, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd graders. I have no clue what to do, but I am going to try my very best to catch on. For the Kindergartners, I teach: gym, shop, art, drama, games, and kitchen (please don't laugh, I know I don't know how to cook, hey while teaching or trying to teach the youngsters how to cook, I will teach myself, how about that!) I have about 8 kiddies. Each activity is roughly about 30 min. Anything pass Kindergarten the classes are 3 times a week for 2 hours. So this means I get to plan a lesson for 2 hours. Yippi--- In all reality it's not all that bad, minus the fact im not all that good at grammar, but who really is right? Demonstrative nouns??? uhhh come again? 
All the teachers get off at 7. Tonight the teachers planned to take me to the big night market. Im was so stoked for this! When we arrived it seemed like I was in a movie or something. So many colors, so many different kinds of weird, sickly and deadly looking food. Ha ha not all of it looked deadly. For dinner my roommates found things to eat but me.... I just sat at the table while Britta and Darren ate their food. Amy came back and was waiting for them to serve her food... ha ha it ends up that Amy ordered 2 of the same thing. Whelp, it looks I will be eating this plate full of noodles with pork slopped on top of it, with some kind of spicy sauce. It looked gross, but had a very distinct taste. (I ate it though fam, High Five!) We played games, and had delicious homemade fruit smoothies, and the weirdest drink ever, it was made purely from a flower- I can't describe the taste. It was just very weird but good and last we gotta ride the mini bumper cars. So fun! The market was WILD and a lot of fun! Thanks for taking me roommates! I have such awesome roommates! They are so adventurous, it was exactly what I was hoping for. I lucked out! 

No comments: