Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Sunday, August 3rd






 Today is fast Sunday. Our church is about an hour away from us. We caught the bus at 9:45 and rode to Tai Chang which is about an hour away from our apt. Then we caught another bus that took us fairly close to our church. Church starts at 11:00 but since no one really shows up until later, sacrament starts at 11:20. I do not go to a ward. I attend a branch, there isn't enough people to go to the English branch over here. There is about 20 people that go to church. The chapel is as empty as a ghost. This gave me the perfect opportunity to bare my testimony and introduce myself to the branch members! I haven't shared my testimony in quite sometime and boy oh boy was I nervous. But the spirit was just so strong that my heart was racing like there was no tomorrow! It felt good to bare my testimony! 
After sacrament I met the other teachers from the other school. There is about 12 of them, they seem to be all very nice! Church was good, Britta taught sunday school. After church we decided to all go hiking up to the Big Buddha in Chang hua! Yay!  So the other school and our school all went. It was so much fun, we took the train back home and hiked up to ba gu san. Big Buddha was amazing. I loved it. Biggest thing/ statue I have every seen. 
After Britta and I said our goodbye's to our school friends and we walked back to our apt. It was a good 30 min back. It was quite the adventure that is for sure. We were getting picked up on right an left. All the male asians " holla " They can't really say hello. Then we ran into "My first boyfriend" as Britta likes to call him. Britta was just trying to translate what he was trying to say to me, because I most certainly had no idea what he was saying. ha! He had the longest black hair on his nipples. Then he whips out a ghetto jersey and puts it on then pulls out his phone. ha ha we thought he wanted our numbers, but he actually just wanted a picture with us. He took like 2 pictures of just myself and then a couple with me and him. Then he wanted to get a picture with Britta in it. Funniest thing ever. 
We then came along a nice "Yellow brick road" but instead it was a pathway of just rocks with a picture of foot with all the pressure points on it. So we decided to give it a try. Yes it hurt like heck but afterwards we felt like all the stress had left our bodies and we were floating in the air. It was very relaxing, we were loving life! 

2 comments:

sophie said...

YEA court im so happy you have a blog so i know what you are up to daily! you sound like you are having so much fun! keep nipple hair guy away from my court court! ha ha LOVES you!

Unknown said...

Love the blog friend! Your photos are so fun. You look like you're having so much fun. Try not to get too homesick. Just remember, you'll always miss Taiwan once you leave. You're so cute, I love hearing how you're doing.