Sunday, August 24, 2008

Saturday, August 16th

The Indian Restaurant on the 13th floor

       Heart shaped rice
        Got love Starbucky's


            Oh heaven...It looks something like this right?
             All the creations.... oh and Darren
   The Club 7-eleven logo
           My Favorite Creations
          The Expo


          The cutest old man feeding the birds
               

                The pointless goat
              The day market






We decided we wanted to get out of Chunghua for the weekend and head over to Taichung, its about a 40 min bus ride, also it is located where we go to church. I was super stoked for our little excursion because we were going to a HUGE mall! Blessing! As we arrived in Taichung it was so so hot, we were just dripping beyond dripping sweat. We decided we wanted to get lost. So we just started walking down streets. We reached this one mall, but it was pretty weird. Every level was a different country. It was kind of cool, but really dirty inside. As we were leaving we ran into the cutest lady from our ward. Her name is Regina and she is from the Philippines. She is seriously the happiest person I have ever met. Out of all people in Taiwan we run into Gina in the weirdest place. She decided she want to come along with us. She took us to a nice park with a huge goat statue. We're not really sure what the goat represents but I guess its cool. Its one of those things where you kind of just laugh and say its a Taiwan thing. After that we made it to this huge day market. It was sweet, this is were all the cheap stuff is. And guess what I didn't buy one thing. Just food and what not. Whoops I lied we met this guy who owns an awesome bracelet shop. He is from Brazil and is a total hippie. He has lived all around the world just traveling and selling these bracelets. Britta and I are a guru of them. By the time I get back I'm going to be covered in them. After a couple of hours we made it to the mall. They always have some kind of huge performance, contest, or some sort of extravaganza thing going on. Today was "Who wants to be on Television!" Boy did I get a kick out of this. #1 contestant- sang, he sounded pathetic, it was hilarious. There were two guy host doing this little t.v thing and you could just tell that they wanted to kick this guy right off the stage. Don't worry all of you fans of Courtney Oldroyd, I recorded this. (Now I just gotta figure out how to download it to my blog) #2 contestant- A group of mini Michael Jackson's. They were ok I guess, they just think they can break dance so amazingly good, but they weren't to bad. #3 (my favorite) contestant- A man and his best friend that was a dog. This dog was amazing, he walked like a human, he crawled like a human, he crossed his legs whenever he was told to, he weaved in and out of the mans legs even in reverse style. He acted dead when the guy would shoot him (the full affect to he would be walking and the guy would shoot him and he would just fall right over, sadly to say I did not get this stunt on my camera, I was kind of angry, but you can only imagine!) 

As we made our way into the mall, I was in complete awwww, yeah I know I'm a fanatic about clothes. This mall was not your typical American mall. Instead of everything in separate stores everything was together and the levels were huge and there was 13 of them. Can you even imagine. They had clothes from the top designers world wide. It was pretty sweet, but also pretty pricy for my budget.  Our favorite store that we saw were purses and they had devils everywhere and the saying for the store was "Made in Hell, Sold in Heaven" we tried taking a picture of it but they got mad at us. But this mall, Im sorry for bringing it up again but the mall was phenomenal I can only imagine what Taipei 101 is going to be like. We found the toy level for kids and of course there was an arcade game, I swear Taiwanese people are such gamers over here and come to find out Darren is such a gamer. He loves them arcade games. Its quite entertaining . 

We then came to the Expo center, weirdest thing I have ever seen. They had all these sculptures or figures of some kind of chinese animation design, it was really interesting, me and Britta were getting a kick out of them. When we were about to leave there was a display with three little monkey's in it. And out of no where I just slammed my hands again the glass, and no the glass was not stabilized. It was moving back and forth making the loudest noise ever, and instead of stopping it, everyone just stopped and stared at me, it was so weird. Then I snapped out of it and stopped the glass and we were all bustin up laughing. I don't know why I did it and it was completely un-called for. We wondered our way up through the mall, I did purchase some converse's, just the original ones. I have been wanting them for a while, and I figured I needed some to go to school and such. 

At last we made it to the 13th floor where we found a great indian restaurant, the cook who was from India and he came out to great us, he could speak English which was nice. This was the first meal that I loved I got Tiki Masala and Nan Bread! So yummy, and the portion was huge. We were on top of the building just eating some amazingly great food and relaxing! What a day! 



1 comment:

sophie said...

YEA! so happy you got the chicken tika masala! that is my fave! i want to see pictures of your hippie bracelet you got dear! you are having so much fun! i am so jealous! LOVE YOU