Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Saturday, August 2nd









I get to sleep in today! If you all know me, I L-O-V-E to sleep in. But since my jet lag I haven't been able to sleep in. I'm on a pretty good sleeping schedule though. I go to bed around 10:00 and wake up around 8:30. I was of course the first one awake, everyone else didn't get up until 11. So I pretty much just surfed the internet. Around 12 My roommates took me on a tour of our city. It was so much fun. We just cruised around on our bikes, just the four of us. I have never seen so many many scooters parked in once place in my life. I have been trying to find cheap clothes, but that hasn't been a success yet... yet. So hopefully I can find some soon, cause I love clothes! :) We went into the nike store and it was awesome because on the top of the store there was a basketball court, and from the court you could see the great 70ft buddha looking over a our sweet city! I also got to hold the biggest tennis racket i have ever seen! It was pretty sweet. We also went to about 8 different temples. Our first one was the Confucius temple. It was crazy, unfortunately it was being re-built but we did get to see bits and pieces of the temple. In this temple there were about 6 different classrooms with lots of desk in there, they teach the children the teachings of this guy. Im not quite sure who the guy is but they do not worship him they only follow his teachings. When we got back to our bike destination there was a map of the constellations on the ground. Darren knew every constellation I swear. He went through everything with us. It was pretty sweet. 
After going through the city, Britta decided to take me to the grocery store called CareFour. On our way we saw the cutest thing, we saw little children on rollerblades following on instructor. It looked like they were training for the olympics. We decided to go inside the skate park to watch these little kids. The parents on the bleachers were all just staring at us thinking "Who are these 2 white american girls doing". Ha it was way fun though. When we arrived to the grocery store there were millions of bikes and scooters everywhere. It was seriously impossible to find a spot to park our bikes. 
The grocery store had like 4 levels, it had a shopping mall level, a furniture level, a grocery level and I don't know what else. But they had these escalators that would lock your cart into place so you couldn't move it until you got off it. It was pretty sweet. So all you old ladies, come to CareFour, you don't have to hold our shopping cart why you go up these amazingly high tech escalators. So when Britta and me got into the grocery store we could not figure out how to get into the grocery part. These to giddy Asian girls came running up to us asking if we needed help. When we got to the milk aisle we seriously asked this one lady where the 2% milk was. We were trying all different kinds of milk, it was hilarious. We felt kind of dumb cause after all Britta decided she didn't want any of the milk. It was still so so funny. I ended up with low fat milk. It taste pretty good. 

Today was a lot of fun, and can I say an excellent work - out, i just need to make sure I eat healthy, since I love everything here, ha!! I ride my bike or walk everywhere I go! I'm lovin the work out kind of life! :) Buena!



No comments: