Saturday, September 13, 2008

Friday, September 5

The toilet and urinal which I did not use. Funny story real quick, everywhere you go there are squater toilets. mmmm they are so fun to use... not, they are my worst nightmare! 
The bathroom, more like the excluded bathroom

HOORAY its another Friday, this means play time! (fyi, I am re-writing this post, it got completely deleted, and it took so long to write... so lame) We are on our way to Green Island. We all gone done teaching at 6:45 and we had to rush down to the train station by 7:22 to catch our train. It was a frantic getting down there, because miss little forgetful naming myself, forgot to get some stuff and I was a little panicked at the time, but don't worry everything worked out ok. Our train got delayed by 30 min. Melissa made us all chocolate chip banana muffins, and boy oh boy were they mouth watering. They were delish. On the other hand the puffy white ball bread that sherri gave us was the most bland thing I have ever tasted, and the weirdest too. It looked like a ball of dough. mmm... I don't know how I feel about it. 
The train ride to Tai tung was going to be nothing but a sleep train for me, go figure right... Courtney being passed out, who would of thought? Our train was going to be 6 hours. And of course right when we got on that train I got drowsy real fast and fell asleep on poor Darren's shoulder. 
I'm not quite sure how long I was asleep for, but I arose quickly and decided to read Twilight, which yes, I am obsessed. I love reading, I can finally admit to that. It releases all my stresses and my anxiety. I feel like I am living a double life when I read. It creates all these images in your mind that seam so real, that sometimes that character in the book is you. ha ha, maybe I might be going a little overboard but the point is that reading is amazing, its a humans best friend. cliche I know. 
We arrived in Tai tung at 1:30 A.M. We had a Taxi waiting for us and vroom vroom we're we off like a bolt of lightening. This Taxi driver was wild, maybe it's because I ride my bike everywhere and I may be going like 10 mph but it felt like this taxi driver was going at least 100 mph, rolling through red lights, swerving in and out of homeless dogs roaming around in the middle of the street. It was crazy. ha ha and fun. 
Our hostel was better than I thought. Even though our room smelt like a dead freakin cat had been rotting and decaying away in our bedroom. It was the most rancid smell I have ever smelt. But it was a decent hostel overall oh and minus the sick bathroom, but we won't go there though. Lucky for me and Melissa we got the comfiest bed so far in Taiwan, while Darren and Britta had to sleep on the solid rock hard bed. Sorry guys!  I could not sleep for the life of me. All I could think of us lying in the sunny sun absorbing the clean, fresh, air while reading Twilight by the clear, blue ocean.  But it was time to sleep since we had to wake up by 7:00 A.M to rush to catch the ferry. 

1 comment:

Ryan said...

haha...court...you HAVE to make a movie of these crazy taiwan adventures!!
p.s....those bathroom shots are SICK!!
love ya!