Monday, September 29, 2008

September 12, 2008 "Zaijian"

Rony and Me! 


My 4th graders 
BLOW BLOW BLOW... HARDER HARDER.... QUICKUHLY QUICKUHLY (as they would say it)
Using their brilliant minds on how to strategize this game. 
ANNIE BANANIE 
MEGGIE

Megan and Annie getting ready to compete. 
The pictures don't do justice as of how hard it was raining! 

Time to sing... who is our next contestant.... Miss Britta and .... she couldn't say my name... then I told her and she said... "Awww Corny" 


So I heard some bad new today. Rony one of my students whose in 4 grade will be leaving us as of today. Short notice eh? I was sad, even though I didn't really get to know her because she was very quiet and shy. But she came up to me in class and asked me to write her a letter. It was the cutest thing. I told her if she ever wanted to come to America she is always welcomed at my house or better yet if she ever needed anything she could email me and I would send her things. She seemed a little concerned. She asked me if I would be here next year and I told her no. She seemed a little sad. I will Miss you my dear Rony :) 

In afternoon Spe's during shop Melissa came up with this brilliant on brilliant idea. She made the kids blow marbles back and forth using a straw. They loved this game as you can in the pictures. If you haven't noticed you kind of have to be very creative and wing a lot of things to keep these kids content and talking English... it's all about them speaking! 

When we arrived home it was raining again. We were warned that there was going to be a Typhoon! Its going to be my very first typhoon. ohhhhhhh scary. But when we arrived home we had a surprise awaiting for us. There was huge tent with a bunch of people eating. And Ktv (kereokee). With a Japenese girl in a gold dress as the hostess. It was so entertaining to listen to people sing. and before i knew it me and Britta were on stage singing "You are my little sunshine" I can't believe Britta talked me into this. It was pathetic, but we got it on tape. It was really funny. Out of no where we had people lining the stage waving there hands at us. It was so much fun. But there is still no way I would ever do this back in the states. Sorry everybody!  
We came to find out that this whole party thing was for the New Moon celebrations. They have BBQ under tents and as family and friends. IT was a great night and better yet it all happened right in front of our door step. 

No comments: