Sunday, September 28, 2008

September 7, 2008 Goodbye!

So sad, it has all come to an end. Bye Bye! 
In the train where we stood fro 4 hours. Good thing I had my awesome book. 
The sun is going down as it says it's goodbye's to us. 
Of course me asleep, just not on Darren's shoulder this time. 
Apparently the dog is even famous here in Taiwan. It was a pretty dang cute dog I do have to admit. 



The mighty fine crew
Our favorite place that we just so happened to end up every time it rained. 
"Hi"
This photographer and his wife thought Britta and I were celebrities and we had nothing to argue... thats the way we like it. 
I'm alive in the volcano! "Sooooo cool! I love the rippling water. 

The arch that we finally found! What a great escapade! 
Macro... gotta love it. 
What can I say I love the sand, and I love Green Island. 
Hello my world! 
Hummmmmmm........

P.S I found Burt's bees chap stick on the top of this mountain, and you better believe that i picked it up and slapped it on my luscious lips. It was a blessing in disguise. 
Our groupies! 
Back bending it up. 
On top of the mountain, you better believe I love you this much and all the beauty around!

The dancing and burning of the money around the temple. 
The ash.






"Scream little girl" Holy chaoticness! 




Wow, last night was the best sleep I had ever had in such a long time. I fell in love with the blankets we each had. They were so cozy and soft. We woke up and decided to go straight to the coral reef. It was so awesome we saw so many different kinds of fish. I love snorkeling, and the ocean wow it was like taking a warm bath. The water could have not been any more clearer. After a while I made my way to the shore to lay on the not so soft sand. The sun was beating on my body while I was trying to soak in as much sun as possible. It was so nice just to lay there and relax my mind that likes to constantly be at a battle with my heart. I did get some sun, I did accomplish one thing thats for sure. We then wanted to find our way to the arch that was by sleeping beauty it was crazy how we had to get there, we hiked down a mountain and around all these huge black rocks with the waves splashing up against the rocks. But we found the Arch it was sooo big and sooo cool! We hung out there for the remaining of the time. We wrote in the sand, played in the water, and I got stuck in the mini volcano. :) I'm just a wittle girl. We were running a little late. We booked it back to the hostel showered, ran to the ferry station got our ticket and missed the ferry so we had to wait a whole other hour before we could aboard. Immediately when we got one I was passed out, go figure! I was so comatose! We found a taxi driver and rushed to the train station and we missed our train so we had to take a later one. 
 We had to stand for 4 hours and then we got to sit for the other 2 hours. But basically me and Melissa just sat in the middle of the aisle and read our books. We arrived in Kaishong the 2nd largest city in Taiwan and caught another train to changhua. We arrived at 11:30 and right when we got off we heard such loud popping noises. So we followed the noise on our bikes and it led us to a huge parade that last seriously for 45 min of just firework after firework. We were right underneath them, we were right next to where they were lighting the fireworks off. The whole street was covered in fireworks. It was crazy and pandemoniac! I have never seen anything like this in my entire life. It was so so awesome! Britta and I met an American girl and she was telling us that its a celebration of a new moon. They had this guy that was dressed all funny spinning in circles doing some goofy moves while holding a "Prayer wheel" then there where these guys holding this little house thing, im not quite sure what it was, something with buddha. Because they went to one of the many temples and where doing a dance thing and burning money all over the place. 
This celebration was wild, I loved it. I will never experience this ever again.  I really have enjoyed seeing the Taiwanese culture, it is very fascinating. We didn't get home until like 1:00 a.m. It was totally worth it, oh and don't worry I got so many videos of it. To bad I can't post them on my blog because it wont let me! Ahhhh! oh well! 

1 comment:

Ryan said...

holy cow court!! mega-post-a-thon!!! I feel like I've been on a mini-vacation after reading those last posts...and your pictures are awesome! What a freaking blast you're having!! It's not the same here without you...but soak it up..cause it will come to an end all to quickly!! Love ya!!