Tuesday, September 30, 2008

September 13, 2008 - 1st Typhoon

We are fully armored for this Typhoon! 


I convinced Britta to get these muffins and she did, mmmm they looked so so tasty and they smelt pretty good. They had chocolate chips in them. But they were the most decieving things ever. They were nasty. Me and britta both had one and we immediatly took them straight down to our kitchen and found the chocolate syrup which was by far the sweestest thing we had in our kitchen and dumped it all over our muffin and then heated it up. It helped it a little but it wasn't the greatest tasting thing. We just looked like desperate little kiddies. 
"These girls must be from another planet." 
The rain outside our apartment. 
This is when it was really coming down! 

All throughout the night Britta and my rooms are right by a glass door that leads to the balcony and all we could here was banging on the door from the strong and forceful wind. It was so loud. Holy cow I wanted to shoot my self. But this all mean that we were in for a big treat, yes my 1st Typhoon. It rained all day today, and rained and rained. We had no food, everything was shut down and we had no clue what to do. So out of no where we all thought Carefour. It's a sweet grocery/department store like 20 min away from us. 
There was only one way to getting there and that was riding our bikes. I had never seen rain like this in my entire life. It was so much fun. In our apartment we have a corner that is just filled with rain attire. And as you can tell i got the best outfit. Instead of a simple large poncho I got the track and field suit with the sweet hood and plastic cover to cover my eyes. You can call me space woman, maroon woman, or even Sexy Woman...We'll stick with the third one. :) 
So we're driving through the streets trying to not get blown off of our bikes and trying not to get hit by the cars. It was thrilling. We got to Carefour and we seriously looked like wet dogs. People were giving us the stare down! But right when we got there we went snack wild a We kind of lost track of time and realized we had been there for three hours. It was awesome. We somehow kept loosing each other and seriously it was a madhouse. There were people everywhere. But boy did we get some good food, oreos, chip ahoy, ritz crackers and ritz crackers with cream filling in it and bread. That is what my basket was filled with. Call me fatty, but it was well worth my money I must say. 

No comments: