Sunday, September 28, 2008

September 9, 2008 Rumor has it....

So today was actually quite funny! We were doing show and tell in my 2A class, and I decided to tell them about my family and that I love to take pictures. I have this one random picture of Neils that I took with a fish eye camera and its the sweetest picture that I think I have ever taken. So I showed my students the pictures of my family and the picture of Neils. I had previously told them that I had a boyfriend, and the whole class freaked out because not only did I have a boyfriend but they thought he was black. All the girls especially freaked out and said, "Teacher why do you like black guys? He is so black, and look at you, you have such white skin and he is black, his skin is so dark." etc etc. It was hilarious. I had to explain in the summer time  when we are in the sun at the pool our skin changes colors. It goes darker or it turns red. And yes when I got back from G.I. I was a little burnt and they were so confused as of why I looked so different. It was such an entertaining day. ha ha ha. I wish I could've gotten it on camera. 

2 comments:

nar said...

funniest story of the month!!!!!!!! for real i i can't stop laughing!!!!!

sophie said...

hahaha oh wow i love this! i wish neils was black! that would be so sweet!! oh dear i laughed so hard and had to share it with my fam. so great!