Sunday, September 28, 2008

Septmember 6, 2008 The G.I Adventure continues...

The dolphins! 

Off we go- Taiwan flag! 
My Scooter, hip hip hooray!
Welcome to Green Island
The crazy line to get gas!
Feeding the precious deer.
Don't know what this was, but it was cute I guess. Just a little out of control for my taste. 


Inside the visitor center- all the animals that are on the island. 
Map of the Island

The white light house! 
Sad, my flip flop broke... 

Hang loose we're in Green Green Green Island
The entrance to some lame caves. 
Natural Hot springs, we had to climb up a rock using a rock to get out. 
Laying in the jacuzzi spa. It was so very nice. :)

I'm in jail... Oh no! 
Coming to one with my myself. 
The abandoned creepy prison
Sorry, I kinda forgot what this is for, but the circle thing is kind of cool that's in the middle when it rains the water goes around to the bottom where the hole is; there is a well and it dumps the water in there. It's hard to explain. 

Me so horny... this is a lagit statement because it the name of the coral 
My new shoes and the spectacular view. 

Yes, this would be considered sleeping beauty. 
The trail that led to the view of sleeping beauty 

I love the sky, it was miraculous to see! 

The 3 little fish
Chillin at the hostel 


So we woke up at 6:45 a.m and decided to go roam this city that we were in not knowing which way to go to flag down a Taxi driver. And yes out of all the people, I flung my self into the middle of the road raising my hands high into a sky shouting " Xianai" meaning "Now" and wahlaw a Taxi driver was right there to pick us up with his smiling face. They love helping us americans. I feel like a goddess sometimes! Britta told the driver where we needed to go and off we went to the ferry.
As we arrived we got our tickets and we were on the ferry. So many Asians, I loved it. The ferry boat was actually quite nice. It was only a 50 min ride. Darren and I decided to go to the top of the ferry and boy was it the best idea ever. We got to see dolphins. I have never seen them in the wild like that. More like in the middle of the ocean. ha! And no it wasn't no sea world, it was better! :) 
When we got off the boat it was pandaemonium. People were rushing out of the boat. And little miss Courtney was just getting boggled all over the place. ha ha. Anyways when we finally got to the island it was clear blue sky and a green green island with a lighthouse right there welcoming us. It was more then beautiful. There were of course the usual people holding the signs saying come to us... chinglish... I know, I here it all the time. But we found a sweet little lady who came out of no where and she guided us to all of her scooters. Britta just kept telling her we knew how to drive, and we had licenses. but the funny thing is Britta had never driven a scooter and the last time i drove a scooter... well if any of you know Neils Olson just ask him, he would love to share you the story of what happened to us at 7 eleven. Personally I felt pretty dang confident. We hoped on our scooters and off we went, before we all knew it though... Britta was struggling, ha ha lets just say you just had to be there. She had this lady convinced that we were pro's at riding these scoots. This lady was scared for her life... she followed us for a while, until we came to a stop with deer chained up to a random house. We got off and started talking to the chinese people... well kind of talking to them to say the least. They gave us leaves to feed the deer. And then in the corner we saw this cute little thing, it looked like a baby deer but we still are not quite sure what it was. But I will have you know that it was a squirmy little bugger. (just look at the pictures and the gestures I am pulling). The lady came up to Britta and switched her scooters, we were not quite sure as to why but maybe the new scooter was safer.
We pulled up to the gas station to fill up our scoots and boy oh boy have I ever seen a line this long before. Seeming it was the only gas station on the island it was explanatory as to why this line was so ridiculously long.  We waited and waited in the hot son oh and by a gazillion asians. Asian pride baby! :) ( just imagine my "hiiiii" face steph.) It was like $12 bucks to rent the scooter for two days and $2 to fill it up. Bargain. :) 
We first went to visitor center and there was a little museum of the island and the different animals you could see. And we got a map of the entire island which was very beneficial seeming that it pointed out all the places you could go to. It takes approximately 30 minutes to ride around the whole island, and you better believe we will be doing this while stopping at every place on the way. 
We first went to the light house, Wow I have never seen a light house so tall in my life. I felt like I was living a fairytale. While at the lighthouse, I had looked down at my feet and noticed that my old "old navy" flip flops had broke. I was walking with one flip flop on and the other foot bare. Yeah i looked like a clown and I most certainly got the stare down by many people. It actually was quite funny because I looked like an idiot while walking. ha ha. After we headed over to the ocean, I was extremely excited for this part. But there was one problem, we had no snorkeling gear. We had to go find a snorkeling gear. We finally found a place that let us rent some stellar boots and a mask. We saw so many fish but it so happened that my tube thingy broke. Yeah I have bad karma in everything I do, seriously! So Darren being the gentleman he is he went back into town and got me a new mask. Darren saved the day... well at least for me, because now I don't have to worry about gulping in a mouth full of sea water... cause nothing is worst then getting sea water in your mouth and down your throat. Right? 
We went through the old and new prison there. The old prison was completely deserted it was rather creepy then cool I must say. It was so desolate, it just gave me such a empty feeling. The new prison is small on the island. Which reminds me I didn't look into this but these 2 brothers are legendary there. They escaped from jail years ago and i'm assuming they never found them, but they have stores and ice cream places named after these 2 brothers. We took our scooter to the highest peak on Green Island and saw sleeping beauty. Darren had to explain more or so act the sleeping beauty out, because I could not figure how the "island" that was suppose to look like sleeping beauty looked like her. Everyone saw it but me... Don't worry thats just me in a net shell though. But don't worry I semi-figured it out, but nonetheless everyone agreed it looked more like a dog then sleeping beauty... ok moving on. 
Oh I forgot to mention seeming I did forget that it was Darren's birthday, Yes, Happy birthday Darren! We went to go do some more snorkeling but there was a big strom that came in... and there was one and only one problem to this. We were camping...on the beach to make matters worst. But right before the storm came the sky looked unbelievable I had never seen anything like this in my life. Darren decided to go snorkeling thinking we were going to go with him, yes we were but then it started lightening and we decided otherwise. Darren was upset but he got over it fast, I felt bad but man alive I didn't want to get struck my lightening and die. 
We went into town, oh and don't you worry, wonder woman came and found us. She kept telling us to come sleep at her house but we just kept telling her nope we are sleeping on the beach. She just kept shaking her head and talking in chinese. It was funny. Then all of a sudden out of no where it was raining like cats and dogs. Literally. So we rushed to the nearest place where there were a bunch of guys and one lady hanging out at this little ice cream shop. We sat and sat and sat for a while until the rain settled down. It was fun. but then we were off again. we got food and went into town. We did end up going around the whole island and can I just tell you that these scooters were sooooo fun! 
For dinner we decided to get hot dogs. yummy I know, even better they were from 7 eleven. As we were driving to go to the natural hot springs which is 1 out of 3 in the world it began to pour even harder then before and what a coincidence it was we ended up right in front of the ice cream place. The lady that owned the place was so happy to see us. It was really funny. We played cards for a while until we knew we had to stay at a hostel. So we got the wonder womans number that was written on our scoots, which was convenient. And all Britta said to the ice cream lady was to tell her we were the Americans and to come get us. And 5 min later wonder woman arrived and guided us back to her house. It was a pretty nice hostel. ok well there were 2 bathrooms and our room had 2 mattress' on the floor and 4 blankets for each of us, and a T.V. for decoration. After getting settled in we hurried and through on our bathing suits and off we went to the hot springs. 
This place was undescribable. Words will not do justice nor will the pictures. So please just look. On the top were the man made springs and then there was a board walk that led down to the ocean were there were circular pools off natural hot hot very hot sea water. It was so cool! and me and Britta laid on our backs and gazed up at the beautiful star lit sky. It was an unforgettable night! 

No comments: