Monday, September 29, 2008

September 10, 2008


Singing the Itsy Bittsy Spider


Sherry our Coordinator
Peter Pan Minnie
Captain Hook Joe
Tinker bell Ella
Peter Pan #2 Tim

Our kids just love us way to much.... they look bored as heck... ha ha! I mean it is 9:00 in the morning for these youngens. We will blame it on the earliness. :) The four solo pictures of the children are our morning Spe's that we have every morning. They are my favorite class to teach spe's to. Mainly because they are the smartest class. They are catching on so fast and you can actually have normal conversations with them. Minus Joe. Joe just screams whenever he wants so something or just cries. When Joe first started out with the program his sister had to come to all the classes with us. And then his sister stopped coming and he was glued to his mom's hip. Everytime Joe's mom would leave he would just cry and cry. 
Joe is slowly getting used to the program he does tend to copy whatever you say so he can get a token. But now Joe can say I don't know now and thats about it. But now Tim, Minnie and Ella are starting to be very rude to him because he never sings when he is suppose to, he doesn't understand when he needs to talk or when he is not suppose to speak and he says no to everything.  Its hard to balance it all out with out the kids getting frustrated or made fun of. 
But what the morning kids do love is acting out Peter Pan, we got them hooked. Thats all we do after we do "drama" which is reading a book to them. We read Peter Pan one day and ever since they want to play peter pan. Hmmm I'm not quite sure if thats such a good idea after all. Because they all fight over who is Peter pan and then they always pick on joe telling him that he is hook. And yes I am always Wendy, and Ella is usually Tinker bell. She plays a great Tinker bell sprinkling her "foam pads" (pixie dust) at me so I can fly! 

The other set of pictures are in afternoon Spe's. We have about 20-25 students a day. This is the craziest part of the day. Taming all these wild lions is not the easiest thing to do on the planet, especially when your only speaking English to them. But someway or another it works out amazingly great. Its actually not that hard, yes it can be a little tiring but what I have really noticed is that it gives me a chance to not think about my self for once and my sorrows and worries. I think about them, and helping and playing with them. It's the best feeling coming home after work and thinking wow, I don't think I ever thought about this or that. I was completely happy through out the whole day! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There's more Peter Pan to enjoy... a book bassed on J.M. Barrie's own idea for more adventure!
have a look:
http://www.peterpansneverworld.com/
Thanks for sharing your adventures! ;)
BELIEVE!